It’s time to act,
for people and for planet
是时候去行动了,
为了人类也为了地球

 

TEDx spreads great ideas every day, and organizing a more sustainable event brings our event into the global realm of responsible action. Sustainability is a broad term. By “sustainable event”, it means to take measures towards being “climate neutral”, where actions you take reduce the negative environmental, social and ecological impacts of the event. Here’s how we are taking a first step in rethinking how we can manage TEDx events to leave a positive impact. We strongly believe that a more promising future can be made through collective efforts. Join us and show your solidarity because we are stronger together.

TEDx每天都会传播好的思想,组织一次更具可持续性的活动将我们的活动带入负责任行动的全球领域。“可持续性”是一个广义术语。所谓“可持续活动”,是指采取措施来达到“气候中和”,在这种情况下,你采取的行动可减少负面的环境,社会和生态影响。这将是我们重新思考如何组织TEDx活动以产生积极影响的第一步。我们坚信,通过集体努力大家可以创造更光明的未来。加入我们并展示你的团结精神,在一起我们会更强大。

 

 

Your Goals
你的目标

 

Use non-bottled water—bring your own water bottle to our event.

用非瓶装的水—把你自己的水杯带到我们的活动现场。

Take public transport—unless you want to get mad in the traffic jam, riding a bike or walking is always the most eco-friendly way to reach our school.

选择公共交通—除非你想在交通堵塞中丧失理智,骑车或走路一直是到我们学校最环保的方式。

 

Carpooling— come to our event with another attendee in the same car! Cool!

拼车—与另一位观众坐同一辆车到我们的活动!酷!

 

Our Goals
我们的目标

Reduce footprint of food--Provide vegetarian-only food during tea break.

减少食物的生态足迹—在茶歇提供纯素食主义食物。

Provide healthy food options—Provide fresh food and reduce high fat/sugar.

提供健康食物选择—供应新鲜的食物并减少高脂肪高糖类食物

Manage surplus—Provide foods in bulk instead of individually wrapped. We also consider giving surplus back to those in need.

处理剩饭—大宗供应食物以替代独立包装的食物。我们也会考虑把剩下的食物给那些有需要的人。

 

Reduce energy consumption—Appoint a volunteer during the event to switch off lights, equipment, and air-conditioning in rooms not being used.

减少能源消耗—指定一位志愿者负责在活动时关上那些没人使用的灯,设备和空调。

Reduce material waste—Ensure signage is reusable by not adding dates or years. The majority of our public displays will be made from recycled paper.

减少材料浪费—通过不加日期年份标示来保证所有标识都是可重新利用的。我们的公共展示海报主要会由回收的纸板做成。

Provide a responsible gift bag—Choose practical and eco-friendly gifts that you can use for a long time when you go home.

提供一个负责任的礼物袋—选择那些实用又环保的礼物,确保你回家后还会用很长一段时间。

Practice sustainable communication—as you are experiencing right now, we use paperless communication mostly.

实践可持续的交流方式—正如你正在体验的,我们大部分时候都采用无纸化交流。

Provide space for participant diversity—We aim to dedicate space and invite people from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds from the local community to attend our event.

为参与者多元化提供空间—我们致力于打造空间给来自本土社区广泛社会背景的人们提供参与机会。

 

Locate speakers/attendees in hotels nearest to the venue—We try to find hotels near our school and have all speakers/attendees outside Wuxi stay at the same hotel.

安排讲者/观众住在离现场最近的酒店—我们尝试找到离我们学校最近的酒店并且给无锡以外的讲者/观众提供同一处的住宿。

Support Us And Stay Updated

If you have more ideas on how to make our event more sustainable or hope to get involved in organizing a more eco-friendly TEDx event with us, please contact our team member Isabella Ying and become a member of our TEDxYouth@NKCSWX community! Isabella is a committed environmentalist who hopes the world will become carbon-neutral by 2030, she would be willing to answer queries in respect of sustainability of our event. Her email address is yqy619@icloud.com

如果你对如何使我们的活动更具可持续性有更多的想法,或者希望与我们一起组织更环保的TEDx活动,请与我们的团队成员Isabella Ying联系,并成为TEDxYouth @ NKCSWX社区的一名成员! Isabella是一位希望世界在2030年之前实现碳中和的环保主义者,她愿意回答有关我们活动可持续方面的疑问。她的邮箱地址为yqy619@icloud.com.

Nanwai King's College School Wuxi

©2020 by TEDxYouth@NKCSWX

This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED